This week we created a sparkly project for the Tatty Devine blog and thought we’d share it on here too! It’s the most simple of all projects and is perfect for quickly making a room look a little bit more Christmassy. Make the bunting as colourful or as glittery as you like – if you make metres and metres of it you can decorate your whole house in a few hours.
You will need:
- – Shape template (we went for stars but you could try Christmas trees or snowflakes!)
- – Scissors
- – Glittery card
- – Sewing machine
You need to:
- 1. Draft your shape template and cut out a whole load of them! You want to place them along the thread at 5 cm intervals so use this as a guide for how many you will need. We went by the rule ‘the more the merrier’!
- 2. To speed up the cutting, fold your paper up so you can cut 4 stars at once. We used a tiny bit of blu-tac to hold our template in place while we cut around it.
- 3. Places right side up and stitch across the centre of each star with your sewing machine. Pull the thread out a few centimetres between each star to allow them to hang nicely and get some extra drape. Continue until all of your stars are sewn up!
- 4. Hang up your glittery bunting and enjoy!
Hannah + Rosie