Three days per week, 10am-5pm with the potential to increase in future. Must be able to work on Sundays.
Salary: £11.95 per hour (London living wage)
Based in our studio by London Fields, Hackney.
Application deadline midnight Tuesday 10th October 2023.
Start date: ASAP October 2023
About the role:
We are looking for a new member of our studio team. You will assist with stock management, keeping our studio sorted and processing fabrics as they arrive in the studio. This role will also include packing orders and serving customers in-person too. We’re currently looking for someone to work 3 days but we anticipate this increasing to four days per week in the future. You’ll be working in a large, light studio in a buzzy creative area and with a lovely (we think!) small team.
- Packing online customer orders.
- Stock management, i.e. making sure out of stock fabrics are removed from the website and correct quantities are available.
- Processing fabrics as they arrive in the studio including rolling and labelling.
- Assisting our Product Supervisor with sorting fabrics and haberdashery into collections.
- Sewing samples with our fabrics (optional).
- Helping with fabric deliveries which can include some physical work and heavy lifting.
- Doing some light cleaning at the end of the day to keep the studio space clean and tidy.
- Assisting customers who arrive to pick up orders in person.
- In-person customer service.
- Liaising with our Office Manager on customer and order queries.
- Organised and efficient
- Able to undertake quite physically demanding work including lifting and moving heavy rolls and standing for long periods while cutting orders.
- Knowledge of fabric and sewing a huge bonus
What we can offer you
- Friendly working environment
- 20% staff discount on fabrics and haberdashery
- Bi-annual team sewing day
How to apply:
Send your CV and a cover letter explaining why you’d like to work with us to firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight on October 10th. We will respond to all applicants regardless of whether they have been successful or not. We’ll be inviting shortlisted applicants for in-person interviews shortly after the closing date. We look forward to hearing from you!